Home

Monday 19 October 2015

I Made It Monday: New Look Pattern 6824

I'm calling this my Picnic Dress. 

Probably because the fabric was called "picnic check seersucker" from The Remnant Warehouse.  I must admit, I don't think beige is a good colour on me, but I do love the blue and green gingham and the gorgeous seersucker texture means no ironing!

This is the second dress I've made using the ever versatile New Look 6824 pattern (see the other version here).  I made some slight modifications for this dress:
  • Shortened the sleeves
  • Added about 10cm to the length of the skirt
  • Added pockets, because you always need pockets!
I know this won't be my last dress using this pattern.  It's easy to sew and to modify. 

Do you have a dress pattern that is your "go to"?


Because you always need pockets!

Photos c/o my wonderful Husband

14 comments:

  1. Looks super cute! I have never sewn my own dress before but this is a cute style!

    www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks super cute! I have never sewn my own dress before but this is a cute style!

    www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try Ruth! This is a very easy pattern and you can adjust it to fit perfectly! x Allison

      Delete
  3. Absolutely stunning! I used to sew my dresses back in college, life got too busy now so I don't even have the time to do that anymore. You look great.
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Idu! I totally understand the lack of time! x Allison

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, you look so chic and glamorous, Allison! I love this dress and the print is perfect with the style. I really need to learn how to sew because I would really love to be able to make adjustments to my garments or better yet, make my own! That's such a great skill to have.

    I hope you have an amazing day, beautiful!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Jalisa. Sewing is a skill that anyone can learn and it is so rewarding to make or refashion clothing. x Allison

      Delete
  5. I think I'm your exact opposite because I'm short with absolutely no sewing skills. Great job though, loving the dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dress is amazing on you!! I love the retro vibe of this dress.

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice! I love the classic dress styles too! x Allison

      Delete
  7. Thank you Dawn Lucy! x Allison

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress look AMAZING on you Allison!!!! Bron x

    ReplyDelete