Home

Thursday 4 June 2015

Winterize A Summer Favourite

Now that winter is upon us in the southern hemisphere it's time to pack up the summer clothes.  I do rotate my wardrobe, but there are some pieces I just can't bring myself to put away.

This stretch floral denim pencil skirt is one of them (made by me). 

Here is how I take it from a summer staple to a piece that works in my winter wardrobe.

My apologies for the iPhone images but life got in the way of taking proper photos!

This is how I usually wear the skirt in summer.  Casual and perfect for running after toddlers.  I do sometimes dress it up with a nice top and dress shoes, but more often than not I'm wearing it as a casual piece.
Skirt: Made By Me / T-shirt: Target / Sneaks: Target /
Earrings: Made By Me / Necklace: Made By Me / Bracelets: Eastern Living

To make it work for winter I add black tights, boots and a black top.  I added a scarf which picks up one of the colours in the skirt and breaks up all that black! 
 
 

Boots: Diana Ferrari (old) / Skirt: Made By Me / Top: Long Tall Sally
Scarf: RM Williams / Earrings: Made By Me

 
For an extra layer of warmth, or to dress it up a bit more I'll add a blazer.  Black of course...I love it and just can't help myself!

Blazer: Cue (old) / Leather Earrings: Made By Me


Ta da!  From summer to winter!

Which pieces do you wear all year round?

5 comments:

  1. I tend to wear different clothes in summer and winter, but this is a great idea! I wish I could sew and make my own skirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone can sew! Wearing something you made yourself is so rewarding!

      Delete
  2. I love the skirt with the blazer! Great look for winter from a summer skirt ;)

    Juliet from offyousew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juliet! I wore this outfit to a Baptism this past weekend. I love being able to get lots of wear out of this skirt!

      Delete
  3. I love how you styled it for both seasons! Such a pretty skirt and it's always good to have some bold patterns to brighten up a dreary winter.

    ReplyDelete