Home

Saturday 9 May 2015

Welcome!

Hi, I'm Allison.

I have wanted to start a blog for a long time now.  As a 6 foot (182cm) tall woman I have had my share of fashion struggles and want to share the wisdom I have gained over the years (decades!) to dress my tall frame.  This blog is the advice I wish I could have given my younger self!  When I was younger there was no online shopping and Australian retailers did not carry tall sizes, even now the pickings are slim.  I am so thankful for online shopping!

Fortunately I have always loved to sew (compulsively!) so have been able to make clothes when I just couldn't find anything that fit.  I am constantly refashioning items and will sometimes buy things that don't fit because I know I can make them work. 

There are lots of blogs out there for refashioning, but none I could really relate to.  As a tall woman I cannot buy an over-sized mans shirt and make it into a cute shirt dress, it's a just a big shirt on me!  I cannot buy a mini dress a size or two larger to make it a modest length, it's just a baggy mini dress on me!  And I have NEVER had to hem my jeans... can I have the bits you cut off?!!

So this little blog of mine is to chronicle my sewing and refashioning adventures and to challenge my own style because as a Mama of two toddlers it is easy to get stuck in a jeans and tee rut.  I hope to inspire outfit choices and to be inspired by other tall women.  

I hope to encourage those who don't sew (yet!) to do so and to give easy refashioning tips and DIY's to make clothes longer / work for your beautiful tall frame.   

Skirt made by me - tutorial to follow!
Photos c/o my wonderful Husband.

1 comment:

  1. Sexy bitch makes me hard, just jacked off to her picture

    ReplyDelete